MINIMALIST 2% ALPHA ARBUTIN + 1% HYALURONIC ACID FACE SERUM REVIEW - HOW TO TREAT HYPERPIGMENTATION, PIH AND GET BRIGHT, EVEN SKIN TONE

Hey guys,

I have come up with a product review for you from the brand Minimalist. Minimalist is a newly launched skincare brand in India which comes up with some nice formulations that attracted a lot of skincare enthusiasts.


I have got one of their best sellers with me. It’s their Alpha arbutin 2% + HA 1% face serum.

Packaging –

It comes in a glass bottle which has a dropper for easy usage. The glass bottle comes in a double carton box which is so safe during transit.

Six beauty promises –

No fragrance, no silicones, no parabens, no essential oils, no dyes, no sulphates.

Ingredients –

Aloe vera juice, Dimethyl isosorbide, alpha arbutin, propanediol, ethoxydiglycol, sodium hyaluronate, phenoxyethanol, pullulan, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, xanthum gum, sclerotium gum, trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate, lactic acid, lecithin.

Price –

It retails for INR 549 where you get 30 ml of product which makes it an affordable face serum.


Availability –

I bought this from Nykaa. It is also available in amazon and in the brand's website.

Claims –

The primary claim of this serum is to reduce dark spots & to even out skin tone.

Texture –

This face serum is light weight but doesn’t have a very watery texture. It is a transparent formula and gets quickly absorbed when applied on the skin.

Fragrance –

It has a very mild fragrance which can be compared with almost no fragrance. The fragrance can be felt only when one consciously sniffs directly through the bottle.

More about Alpha arbutin –

Alpha arbutin is a skincare active. It is a stable ingredient which is a tyrosinase inhibitor. Tyrosinase is one of the key enzymes in melanin synthesis.


Several studies revealed anti-melanogenic activity of arbutin which makes it a great ingredient to treat hyperpigmentation in epidermis which is caused by excessive melanin synthesis. Arbutin is also known to possess antioxidant anti-inflammatory properties. It is derived from blueberries, cranberries & bearberries.

Alpha arbutin has a similar structure like tyrosine which is a non-essential amino acid that binds along with tyrosinase which then catalyze synthesis of melanin.

Alpha arbutin source – Royal DSM, Netherlands.

How to use –

This face serum can be used in both AM and PM routine daily. After cleansing, take 2 to 3 drops of it and dab it over your face. Follow up with your moisturizer and sunscreen (when there is sun exposure). When just starting out, I would suggest you to do a patch test and then start using it. You can start by using it once in a day and then after a week, take it to the second routine too. Do this mainly when you have sensitive skin which reacts to anything and everything just to be cautious.

About the product –

We can call this as an anti – pigmentation serum. It helps majorly to reduce the dark spots, hyperpigmentation, fade the tan and results in even skin tone with consistent usage. It is highly potent yet gentle formulation which is made to suit even sensitive skin types.


If you are suffering with PIH (Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, which refers to marks/dark spots that pimple/acne leaves behind after healing), then alpha arbutin is what you need to treat your skin.

Since this formulation includes 1% hyaluronic acid, it makes skin look plump and hydrated.

It has a pH of 4.7 - 5.2.

My experience –

To state in simple terms, Minimalist alpha arbutin is my most loved skincare product currently to treat hyper pigmentation issues. Due to its light weight texture, it glides on the skin easily and gets quickly absorbed without leaving any traces behind. It is a two in one serum which brightens and hydrates the skin. I personally love to use a hydrating toner after cleansing and then go ahead with this serum. After this serum, I apply moisturizer. If it’s morning routine and if I get exposed to sun, I follow up with a sunscreen.

I tried using this serum with a lot of different skincare products and I must say I didn’t experience any pilling on the skin. Even if I slightly apply excess product, it doesn’t make skin feel uncomfortable. I’m using it for more than two months now and I could see visible changes in my skin. My PIH have reduced/faded and skin started to look very bright.

I feel this product will have a permanent place in my skincare stash and I could see myself repurchasing this.

 

PROs –

1. It is affordable and easily available.

2. It suits all skin types.

3. It helps with issues like PIH, sun tan, uneven skin tone.

4. It doesn’t make skin feel greasy and instead hydrates the skin.

5. It can be used during day and night.

6. It is very gentle on the skin and hence very much suitable for beginners.

CONs –

I don’t have any point to list down here.

I hope you liked to read about this product and my experience with this. Do subscribe to receive my blogs directly into your mail box so that you won’t miss any.

Follow @girl_instaglam for more.

Comments

  1. I know this product works for a lot of them but this unfortunately did not work for me 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. That's sad that this didn't work for you. It's working beautifully for me. Hence proved that skincare is very subjective

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing about pigmentation treatment
    https://thepinkfoundry.com/wrinkle-reduction-night-cream

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing about pigmentation treatment.
    The Pink Foundry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Nice Blog!!
    Are you worried about aging skin? Try Urvija’s collagen serum for face, the best retinol serum in India for youthful skin. The blend of Dasmak rose and saffron essential oil helps to reduce all signs of aging like dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do we have to apply it on damp skin or dry skin ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can be used both ways but I prefer on damp skin to maximize benefits as it's an hydrating serum

      Delete

Post a Comment